Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

How to be Better

It’s only Tuesday, but so far I’m sticking to my goals, that’s the first…
Remember when I admitted to being a bad housewife – well here is me being a good housewife…

photo 1 

Last night I finally made a successful  dinner at a decent hour. I found this crock pot recipe via Pinterest, stuffed chicken with feta and bacon. It was delicious, MMR even gave it two thumbs up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have also been diligent this week with my workouts. I have to squeeze them in since it’s race time in T-11 days. Yesterday I actually did some cross training and I’m not talking 20 minutes weight class, I mean really cross training. My workout looked like this:
  • 30 minutes cardio – elliptical hill climb 
  • 30 minutes weights – I used my Nike Trainer app and did these crazy hard (crazy hard because I have noodle arms) exercises.

0917 (2)

0917 (3)
Here’s my gym OOTD : ) I do my cross training in my old Mizuno running shoes. I didn’t put very miles in them, I switched to a lighter shoe and couldn’t let these go to waste.

Today I did my speed work:
  • 5 Minute warm up
  • Mile 1 9:58
  • Mile 2 9:49
  • Mile 3 9:30
  • Mile 4 8:43 – sprints – :20 fast, 2:00 recover
  • 5 minute cool down
I also did a quick 15 minutes of strength training to shake out my arms they were a little sore today. My running times, have never happened ever, ever. I am SLOW, but today I pushed it to the limit. I have some big running plans and goals in the next couple months, which focus on running times like this.

photo 2
I’m working on the self thumbs up selfie for you guys.

As I was leaving I noticed that my gym is giving everything away – free month’s, free tanning, clothes, babies, you know raffle prizes; one of the contests is a football pick each week. You write down your picks and the person who has the most right wins some prizes. I did it the first week and did really well up until Sunday night, then it seamed everyone I picked started loosing. Hopefully this week I have better luck.

927 (1)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I’m off to clean up and go to bed. I have to get up early and do some reading from the 16th century. Here’s reason 83439 I love Idaho:

0917 (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment