Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Official Chef Status

Happy Tuesday Friends!

So we had a busy busy weekend hanging out with our friends at the cabin in Donnelly. I love spending time there, it's so peaceful and beautiful. This weekend was the winter carnival in McCall, which is always a blast. We walked around and looked at the sculptures. Sorry friends, I didn't take any pictures, I really need to work on documenting things : )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night I cooked the most amazing meal. Yes, I am bragging, but if you know me personally, this is a HUGE accomplishment. I once butchered easy mac in the microwave. Cooking=Ally use to be a huge oxymoron!!!!

This week I am trying to make our meals from Pinterest, I know novel idea that NO ONE does ; ) The other night I was browsing and the food&drink section had SOOOO many options!

For Dinner last night I made this. It was really easy, and relatively inexpensive. I even went as far as cooking the hamburger myself! Ryan was impressed. Here is what the end result looked like:


Don't worry I will work on presentation. I'm a rookie remember.

One of my "Resolutions" for this year was to learn to bake without using the box. So last night I was feeling pretty ambitious and decided to make these. Let me start off by saying this recipe was also really easy. I had to buy a few key ingredients that we didn't have on hand, vanilla, flour, and baking powder. There were really yummy!!! They were made with Greek yogurt, which I do not like at all, but since it's healthy I wanted to be apart of the "cool club".  I also had to buy frozen blue berries instead of fresh, we were all out of them up north here ; ). Here's what mine looked like:


Cooking night 1 was a success, tonight's menu is leftovers, which means I am adding this to my list of leftovers I can tolerate.


1 comment:

  1. These looked so very good you have inspired me to figure out what to have for dinner. The Enchilada Pasta looks really good but I found White Chicken Enchiladas that look amazing also. I won't post pictures cause I am still just in it for the taste and not presentation...LOL Keep up the great work!!! You are getting me to re-think dinner choices. It is still hard for me to cook for 2 instead of 5 or more.....but Roy loves leftovers...Thank God !! :)

    ReplyDelete