Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer Baking Part 1

So this is going to be a "mini series" of the things that I decide to bake, who knows how many parts/baked goods I will come up with. These first two I did with my mom over the 4th of July holiday. They both came out super yummy. I think I might bake the brownie desert again tonight.

Chocolate Chip-Peanut Butter Cup-Brownie-Cupcake.
1 pkg refrigerated cookie dough
2 dozen full size Recees Peanut Butter Cup - about two bags in the candy isle
1 box Brownie mix
2 cupcake pans

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix brownie mix according to package, set aside. Smoosh refridgerated cookie dough into the bottom of each well. Place Reese Cup upside down on top of cookie dough. Top with prepared brownie mix, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 18 minutes.




My mom got the recipe from someone on her Facebook page and shared it. But they didn't have a link to anything to reference it. Half way through making it we ran out of peanut butter cups because we only bought one bag, so we improvised with some Hershey's chocolate and some Jiffy Peanut Butter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My last treat for today is the Poke Cake I made for the 4th of July party at my SIL and BIL's. One of the girls at work gave me the idea and after an hour of googling, and picture stalking I went with this recipe:

4th of July Poke Cake 
1 pkg of white cake mix
1 cup boiling water
1 pkg JELLO gelatin (I picked Raspberry flavor)
1/2 cup cold water
1 8oz tub of COOL-WHIP

Prepare and bake cake in 13x9 inch baking pan as directed on package. Remove from oven. Cool cake for 15 minutes. Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2 inch intervals. Meanwhile, stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water; carefully pour over cake. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Frost with whip topping. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Store leftovers in fridge.


We added Twizzlers for striped and Baby Bottle Pop sugar for the blue background, and extra dobs of whipped cream for stars. You can check out the real recipe here: source**


This weekend I will work on Part 2, I'm not sure what exactly I am baking but it will be pretty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment