Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Funday

So each day I try and read something about making my blog better/bigger/awesome. It all leads to a couple things; I have to work on, buying a domain name/space, creating enjoyable content, begging my friends to read my posts over and over again. But, I’m also trying to learn how to do the design stuff myself, which is what I am struggling with. I guess that’s the stubbornness in me, I could go pay someone a little bit of money to do it for me, but I also could learn how to do it myself so I can add another set of skills to my weaponry.  Today my step forward, or maybe step straight across? I’m using Windows Live Writer. So far it’s pretty cool, as I type I see it as it would appear on my blog, font and all…Baby steps people. But just in case, there is someone who reads this and wants to help out, message me, or leave me a comment and we can work together : )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I slept in, and it felt nice. Remember when I told you guys I was going to start getting up earlier so I can join the exercise in the morning club, and the be a better wife club. Friday and Saturday I woke up when my alarm, across the room, went off at 6:19 (I like waking up at random times). This morning not so much, MMR got up and left at 4:30 to go be a woodsman, and I turned off my alarm and went back to bed, and didn’t get up again until 8:00, which is when my biological clock wakes me up.The only thing I found interesting on TV to watch was golf. Who am I?! Oh yeah, I feel like all the golfers are my BFF’s because I got to see them in person.
Today’s weather is going to be another scorcher, sunny and 90 degrees, there is allegedly a thunderstorm coming tonight but I don’t believe it. Because it was so hot out, I decided it was a really, really good idea to head out for my last long run before my race. When I started my run it was only about 77, when I ended my run it was already 86. Kill me, actually I’m pretty sure it did kill me. I picked this path which heads east, I normally take the path that heads west, there was no shade, at all, I even got a Fall sunburn. Oh wait, in order for it to be fall, it needs to be a little cooler.

915 (5)

I went 8 miles, which was a little shorter than what I had planned for, I was looking for at least 10. But the heat was making me sick, literally. I may or may not have yacked. So I called MMR to come and pick me up. My run was hard, hot, rolling hills, did I mention hard? Total:8 miles 89 minutes. When I got home I stretched, took an ice bath, and then used my fave compression socks.

915 (1)

There’s no shame here. I had Ryan take a picture of me to show I am brave and can handle a 15 minute ice bath. I think I was over heating on my run, hence why I got sick. So this ice bath actually felt pretty good, let’s re-visit how brave I am in January when I am sitting in the snow in shorts, or back in my tub with my swim suite.

The rest of the day we kept it low key. Studied…

915

MMR is working on his OChem packet. My head hurts just typing that.

I kept my outfit classy grocery shopping. Compression socks are a totally fine accessory to go out in public with.

915 (6)

I have been craving fish, like seriously needing some seafood. So tonight we had some tilapia with some random spices in my cupboard, baked in the oven with noodles, rice and a salad. Yes I love starches and carbs more than I like my fruits and veggies, but I guess that’s why I run. For desert we had these really good cookies I baked yesterday afternoon. The recipe will be later this week…

915 (3)

915 (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment