Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

All Hallows Eve

Halloween is tomorrow!!!!

So for the next 4 weeks I am going to feature all things pumpkin - I am moving past Halloween and shooting straight for Thanksgiving (its 4 weeks away). I am beyond excited, I might go make an orange and brown paper chain to count-down, in the shape of a Turkey.

 Recently, I baked these delicious cookies - Pumpkin white chocolate snickerdoodle cookies.
I found the recipe on Pinterest. - Because I know you love Pumpkin as much as I do....

White Cholocate Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter flavor shortening
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs (room temp)
1 tb vanilla
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
3 tsp cinnamon 
4 tb sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice




1. Cream butter, shortening, and sugar by hand in mixing bowl



2. Add eggs and vanilla and cream (above) together


3. In separate bowl combine cream of tartar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice**** and salt.

4. Gradually add this mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until well combined. Add white chocolate chips and mix until well combined.

5. Refrigerate for 30 - 45 minutes

6. Combine sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl. Form dough into small balls, roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture, and then place on greased cookie sheet.

7. Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have been pumpkin carving crazies over here. You saw our first pumpkin here, and since then we've added 4 more. And, still want a couple more for the porch idea MMR had.



We use those books, and yes we even purchased the battery operated saws.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guess what today was? My very first Tempo Run ever. The best motivation is the pizza in the oven, followed by chocolate frosted brownies. It's hard to run when you've got a cold, so I gave myself a pat on the back for even starting the workout. I got really sweaty, I need to install a fan right above my treadmill. I have a lot to say about the tempo run, so I'll save it for tomorrow. Right now, I'm going to watch the Red Sox.


No comments:

Post a Comment