Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

How to Set Goals With a Dose of Motivation

Oh Monday - the brightside of Monday's are that it is the beginning of a whole new week.

This week is going to be another busy one, we both have a couple tests, and we are getting out of town this weekend.

Since time change on Sunday it now gets dark around 4:30. That is so early!! I honestly think this is the only complaint I have of living here. It makes the days seem so short, but then so long when it's only 8:00 and it looks like the middle of the night.

This morning I felt very discouraged. I had a not so good run last night, and this morning my heel just really really ached.  I'm frustrated because I know I need to take it easier this week, but I just don't really want to. I just felt defeated. I am terrible at running on the treadmill. I woke up this morning to almost 3 inches of snow (dramatic I know). I just started thinking ahead of how long winter is going to be and how hard and unfun running will become for me if I have to spend all 32 weeks of winter running on a treadmill. Enter in my goals for the week:



I picked these goals because always having a positive outlook on life/week/situation makes it easier. My running goal is staying on track because I think taking 4 out of my 5 runs this week on the pavement/gravel that I am use to should really help, including my long run. No more long runs on the treadmill. I also need need need to get all my laundry done. It is my least favorite chore and has been backed up for weeks now.

That is the only time this week I am going to get down on myself. Negative thinking can really derail you. On the positive side I am thankful for the seasons. This one is kinda cheesy so grab some chips, or a tissue. For me the seasons bring change, refreshment, and excitement. I am the type of person that loves subtle changes in short increments. Winter brings the Holiday's (my first and second favorite), new activities - I love skiing - the end of the year. Each season has something to look forward too! Seeing as winter made it's appearance I'm looking forward to what the season has to offer.




What are your goals for the week?!




1 comment:

  1. Laundry should be #1. It's a two step process:
    1. Put load in washer
    2. Run
    3. Stretch
    4. No negativity required.
    ��

    ReplyDelete