Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

How to get up and going again.

Last week was a little rough getting back into running. I'm not sure why, maybe because I started with the treadmill, or the fact that I had some unrealistic expectation. You have to remember that once you take a huge break from any kind of fitness you will start pretty close to zero depending on how long you take off. It's been about 3 months since I have done any kind of "serious running" and my fitness levels are definitely showing. I have tried to keep up by doing some higher intensity work outs but nothing can really compare. At least according to my body. I just have to keep remembering:


I did 3 miles on the treadmill Tuesday last week and it was miserable. I turned my music up but the gym was so busy and it felt so hot and stuffy in there nothing seemed to help make the miles easier. MMR tells me its all in my head which I agree. I need to come up with a mantra or something to keep my head in the game. But....on the positive side I got to wear running shorts, I kinda missed them! Oh and I'm digging the fact that it's almost the end of January and I still have a little bit of a runners tan despite the fact that I am completely pasty.


Running outside is so much easier. I love it especially after a stressful day at work. Its nice to just have the wind blowing in your face/ponytail. Thursday I was able to make some time and ended up running during sunset. I've decided I am a night time exerciser. I love running at night and reflecting on what I've accomplished during the day. Okay my cheese fest is over.



I brought my running gear to Boise but unfortunately did not go for a run. I brought all cold gear but it was not warm enough. In the mornings the fog was so thick it made everything extra frozen, I think most mornings it was low 20's. Which is way to cold in my book. I didn't bring shorts - rookie mistake - I would've died if I had tried to run indoors with long sleeves and tights.

This week I have 3 runs planned and my goal for this week is to run with a better attitude. I want to be able to surpass the wall we all hit. Or at least have a few mantra's under my belt so I can stay sane :) - this one I really like:


I have a project I want to get completed this week/weekend in one of the bathrooms. It's been a while since I've done some home projects so I'm pretty excited about this one. Our bathroom right now is pretty standard for a rental, stark white walls, basic vanity etc. Here's what my ideas are, and of course I will have the final product for you next week!



Hope everyone is having a great Hump Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment