Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

I Got My Groove Back

Well that was a nice vacation. FROM EVERYTHING. To be honest I just wasn't feeling up to anything; and by anything I mean if it wasn't eating, working or sleeping, I wasn't doing it.

Let's fast forward to yesterday, I threw my pity party. I slept in, and then felt guilty because I still woke up feeling zero motivation. I jumped online and started reading my usual fave blogs and really started to feel sorry for myself - yuck!

I don't like that feeling at all, so I decided to get up off my butt and do something. No I still didn't make it to the gym, but I cleaned my entire kitchen, including the fridge, on top of the fridge and on top of the cupboards. Steps in the right direction. I also began planning my workouts for next week which made me realize I really need to step it up if I want to crush some serious races this year.

I technically don't start "official" training (and by official I mean I actually start holding myself accountable) for another couple of weeks so this week's focus is to get into a routine, and start building my base miles back up. I'm being real here, it's currently 0.

So on today's agenda I ate a humongous brunch of waffles, egg scramble with onion and mushrooms and bacon. Then I went to the gym for some stair stepper action - it was a nice mini cardio sesh. Then ended with 60 minutes of yoga.



School starts again on Wednesday but I have to work tomorrow so my freedom is pretty much gone. I still need to finish getting my stuff ready for tomorrow morning. Yes, again I am going to try and get a cardio workout done tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment