Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

It's late and I refuse to give up on my streak

As my title suggests, it's a little late for me to start a blog post, but that's not going to stop me! I am on a roll here, I have posted every day for a week. Go me, go me!

I am 99.99999999% sure I caught MMR's sickness. I will find out tomorrow exactly how bad its going to be :( . I ALMOST went the whole winter without getting sick. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Happy Lent! Today I went to church and got my Ashes - it's Ash Wednesday for us Catholics.Today it was kind of neat, I went to Subway after the service and my sandwich artist asked me how mass was.

Then I got to class and I had a couple people tell me I had dirt on my forehead like I had no idea ; ). What I really liked about people asking and making comments about my dirty forehead was that I got to talk about my faith, which I rarely do with people outside of my family. In the tradition of Lent I was going to give up something but instead I am going to change a few things in my life, trust me - you will hear all about my progress. The message from mass today was really powerful and really helped me put life in perspective.

-------------------------------------------------------
Today I took a rest day due to my bubbling sickness. Hopefully I don't regret that tomorrow. I went for a run yesterday and my calves were so tight. I did 4 miles with an average pace of 11:19. Works for me. I did it on the treadmill at home. It turned into a decent day right before I walked into my Spanish class, then boom I came out and it was raining. I am trying so hard to love my treadmill, but yesterday it took all of the motivation mantras I know to keep me going. I don't have any cool pictures from my run, except this one, when I realized by the time I tell you guys about this I got nothing to show for it...


Eventually I'll have some neat outside pictures of my runs, promise.


One of my motivation mantras was - "Papa Murphys is cooking in your oven, run faster".


Dude just begged me to let him wear my headband. I caved, but only for 6 minutes. Goooodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment